National Energy Strategy
The National Energy Strategy is the ten-year plan that the Italian Government drew up to anticipate and manage the change of the national energy system.
The objective is to make the system more competitive, more sustainable and more secure.
- Reducing final energy consumption by a total of 10 Mtoe by 2030
- reaching a 28% share of renewables in total energy consumption by 2030, and a 55% share of renewables in electricity consumption by 2030
- strengthening supply security
- narrowing the energy price gap
- furthering sustainable public mobility and eco-friendly fuels
- phasing out the use of coal in electricity generation by 2025.