G7 Energy 2017
The G7 Energy Ministers have met on 9-10 April in Rome.
The main purpose of the meeting is to follow up on the progress on energy security since the launch of the “Rome Energy Initiative for Energy Security” in 2014.
- Energy security, natural gas and GNL global market
- Ukraine’s support
- Electricity and renewables sources integration
- Energy efficiency
New energy drivers
- Energy related employment in energy transition
- Research and innovation in cleantech & Mission
Governing Energy Transition
- Inefficient fossil fuel subsidies
- Alternative fuels and decarbonisation of transport
- Energy access in Africa and related investment
Ahead of the Ministerial meeting, the side event on “Africa 2030: Empowering the continent through innovation, green tech solutions and capacity building” has been focussed on accelerating the deployment of innovative sustainable energy solutions in Africa.